Sunday, June 10, 2007

Jonathan and the Choking Hazard

As I posted previously, Jonathan got a haircut at Cookie Cutters last week. Besides the obligatory shorter hair, he also received a green balloon and a safety lollipop. The lollipop lasted about ten minutes and I thought the balloon expired by the end of the day. Surprisingly, though, Jonathan had squirreled it away, such that today he pulled out a very deflated balloon still attached to the ribbon and the weight. He played with it for some time this morning, which was particularly funny as he was simultaneously wearing one shoe and a pair of pretty grungy (by that point in the morning) PJs. We couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous he looked:



Obviously, I am well aware of the choking hazard this green piece of latex posed, but, in spite of that, hubby, my mother and I were in stitches as Jonathan ran around the room with his "toy." Could someone explain to me why I even bother to purchase toys for this child?





We had a really awesome visit with my mother this weekend. She is here through tomorrow, so I only had time for a quick blog, but I have some great pics from our visit to Huber's Orchard and Winery and Petting Zoo yesterday, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kara Lewis said...

Yay -- mom visits are great, aren't they? Hope you guys had a great weekend.

Andrea said...

I love the look of glee on his face in the second picture!