Monday, March 26, 2007

Sick Bed Update

So I was able to get Jonathan a doctor's appointment at nine today and my worries were dead on--he has strep! In an interesting turn of events, however, it's in his nose and actually not in his throat. Weird, huh? Apparently it can get into any opening in the body, which I totally did not know, but I guess that's why I'm not a doctor (among many other reasons!).

Now I feel a LITTLE less guilty about going on vacay this week. J-man will be on amoxicillian a/k/a "the pink stuff" for the next ten days, but he loves it so I know my mother won't have any problem getting him to take it. Also, I feel oddly better that he will be on antibiotics as I feel like it will reduce the chances of him coming down with something else while we're gone.

Besides that fact that I hate to have the little guy be sick, another thing that makes me ill is that this means Jonathan will only go to school on Wednesday of this week. Nana will keep him all day tomorrow and my mom will have him Thursday and Friday. Which means that the obscene amount of money we pay for Jonathan's weekly "tuition" will, at least for this week, be for just one day. Ugh.

1 comment:

supermommysquared said...

I'm glad my little god-baby is feeling better. Are you still coming in for Melissa/the par-tay!? Hope to see you soon, I miss you!