I'm totally inspired by Heather's and Andrea's confessions, so I thought I would throw some of my own out there. It's a perfect time, really, since I am pretty much confined to our living room until J-man decides it is in fact nap time and stops shouting "Mommy" from his bedroom.
1. Frozen Tyson chicken nuggets are truly a god-send and my son eats entirely too many of them. He also drinks entirely too much juice.
2. I have an obsession with Gymboree clothing and secretly think I should work there one day a month so I can get the 40% discount.
3. I, like Heather, sometimes fantasize what my life would be like without a child. It's mostly financial fantasies, and that makes me feel guilty. Then, however, I see the face in the picture above and I remember why people have children.
4. I truly enjoy my time alone in the bathroom and actually look forward to it.
5. I love that Jonathan goes to bed by seven each night, but I feel guilty because that means I only see him for a short while on weekdays.
6. Sometimes on Sunday afternoons, I find myself actually looking forward to going to work on Monday.
7. I am already giving serious consideration to where I will send Jonathan to kindergarten.
8. I worry my son is a midget and the doctor is just not telling me. I would honestly still love him anyway.
9. I am so excited about spending four days in Mexico next week alone with my husband that I can hardly contain myself, even though I KNOW everyone is tired of hearing about it. I think that I should feel guilty about being away from Jonathan, but I don't really, although I do think that I will miss him.
10. I worry that Jonathan will turn out messed up and it will all be my fault. It's always the mother's fault. When Britney Spears had her meltdown recently, the first thing I thought was "where is her mother?"
I'm sure there are more secrets in there, but I'll have to save those for another time!!
zucchini grilled cheese
3 days ago