Howdy all! I finally remembered that it's Tuesday in time to do a list of ten. I am immeasurably excited as my life has been pretty uneventful lately.
1. Jonathan and I met Bryan at the mall to get Jonathan new shoes and then to have dinner. I am lucky enough to not have to drive the interstate on a regular basis. Therefore, today I was perplexed at how it rains two drops and traffic travels at a pace that would be reasonable only under blizzard conditions.
2. While buying aforementioned shoes, why did my son have two melt downs, one while his foot was being measured and the second when the super nice shoe lady put his old shoes in the box? It was horribly embarrassing and frustrating simultaneously. We did, however, buy these, and that makes me so much happier than the Thomas light up shoes he was heretofore sporting.
3. Potty training has been going really well. However, on Saturday, while we were at Joe and Cindy's house and Jonathan was upstairs playing with their daughter Lily, Jonathan got really involved in playing and, next thing I knew, he was screaming for me to come upstairs. He'd number two-ed in his pants, with the explanation being that "it just fell out." Seriously, how does that happen?
4. I am obscenely excited about our October trip to the Mayan Riveria. A full seven days and seven nights of child-free adult activity. This is where we are staying. The countdown on my Google homepage says it's only 76 more days. Woo hoo!
5. I am making this for dinner tomorrow night. Even though I just ate dinner, looking at that food makes me hungry.
6. I tried to resist reading The Pioneer Woman for some time because she already has so many readers but then I DID read it and now I understand why--it's really well written and interesting!
7. As of yesterday, I finally joined Facebook. I love it.
8. I am currently obsessed with my Nintendo DS. I've had it for going on two years but really got back into playing it the last few weeks, thanks to my sister's glorious gift of Guitar Hero On Tour.
9. I almost cried with happiness yesterday when my People arrived in the mail with the pictures of the Joile-Pitt twins. I'm not a big Brangelina fan, but I could not wait to see those pictures. It was 19 pages of sheer bliss.
10. I DID get teared up today when I was listening to Jimmy Buffett and realized it will be months and months before I get to unleash my inner Parrothead again. Heather, we need to go more than once next year!
And because even a Ten on Tuesday post needs a picture, here is one of Jonathan from his zoo birthday party. The kid is a complete stinker...