1. Jonathan had his first day in the Preschool room today and he did great! He got a bit upset when he saw Darla, his two year old teacher whom he has been with for the last fourteen months, but he was totally OK besides that. I feel the same way when I think about leaving Darla so I certainly can not blame him!
2. It is amazing how a three year old can attempt to subsist on solely junk food and still look like this:
3. I made these cupcakes for my assistant's birthday a few weeks ago. They continue to make me happy:
4. I got a new computer at work today and it is AWESOME. DVD burner, 22" flat screen monitor, the works. My old computer was operating on Windows 98 and therefore would not do the network update required for our new security software. This gave my boss no other option than to replace it. It is so nice to have moved away from the ghetto-ness that was my old desktop.
5. We are traveling to Champaign, Illinois this weekend for my MIL's sister's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. I am wondering how the three of us in one hotel room is going to work--I do not see any way that Jonathan's normal eight o'clock bedtime is happening.
6. This is how the deliciousness that was The Pioneer Woman's chicken spaghetti turned out last week. It was fabulous:
7. I need to fix more dinners like this because it allowed us to all eat together. We do not get home most nights until around six. Since Jonathan goes to bed at eight, there is not a lot of time for cooking dinner--we feed him early; Bryan and I eat later, after he goes to bed. We all enjoyed the chicken spaghetti, though, and, since I got it ready to bake the night before, it was a cinch to pop it in the oven when I got home for work:
8. Bryan and I went out with friends Saturday night and I overindulged on wine. It took me two days to recover.
9. Participating in this activity the day after said wine indulgence was not a good choice:
10. While talking to a co-worker today about the fact that women's gymnastics is on television tonight (YES!), I mentioned that I was never able to do a cartwheel. I thought I was an odd ball on that one, but she told me she was never able to do one either. WHEW--it made me feel so much better about my uncoordinated self!