Wednesday, July 2, 2008

And Then He Was Three...

Today is Jonathan's third birthday! I am forever amazed at how quickly the time has passed since he was born three years ago! It fees like just yesterday that I was writing a post about him turning two! Now I look at Jonathan's sweet face and I feel the same emotions as the first time I saw it, but even more intensely. In sum, I am smitten.

Memory lane...

Fresh from delivery. I melt looking at this picture, how sweet and innocent he is.



In a flash, it was his first birthday and he was eating cake for the first time. My, how things change that first year!



Then one year ago today, we were at the zoo for his birthday. As I watched him playing in the water, I remember looking at him, marveling about how incredible he was and how lucky I felt to be his mother.



And here he is today, three years old. Already a little man and with more personality than you would think could fit in his 24 pound body. Which is why he was opening birthday gifts before seven a.m. this morning.



Happy birthday Jonathan! You captured my heart three years ago when I first laid eyes on you. I suspect that you have no intentions of returning it to me. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Happy birthday, J-Man! You make your parents very happy.

Neurotic Atty said...

Happy birthday, Jonathan!!! What a beautiful baby he was! He has certainly turned into quite a handsome little guy!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Happy birthday cutie patootie!!!

Hey, um, I know of a cute girl that lives back in WV. Brown pigtails, glasses...

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday, Jonathan! My little one is having his 3rd birthday next month. Three years can be gone in a flash, can it not?

Cute meatball cupcakes, by the way. I betcha those were a BIG hit!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!