Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Jonathan has been full of surprises this week; you never know what is going to come out of his mouth these days. My current favorites are "it was the cup's fault that cranberry juice is on the floor" and "damn it." The latter, according to Jonathan, comes to us courtesy of one of his school friends. He has been strongly advised not to use it again, but I'll admit, it cracked me up when he said it last night. So unexpected.

2. Reason 4,486 why I love my husband: Bryan had a guy's night tonight right after work. I called him as I was on my way to get Jonathan, we chatted a bit, I said "love you" and he said bye; we hung up. He called right back to say "I love you, too." He'd realized, before I even had time to think about it, that he hadn't said it. We are not the type to end every conversation with those words, but sometimes it just seems right. Even though I know that he loves me, it was really nice that he called right back to let me know (insert awwww here).

3. Jonathan moves to his new school starting June 1. I intended to tell the director at his current school by May 1. However, his old school has an annual re-registration process, which is basically a form to be completed and $75.00 to be paid by May 1. So I really need to tell them earlier. Even though I am 100% sure the move is the right decision, Jonathan has gone to the old school since September 2005 and I'm feeling guilt. I just need to DO it, but I keep wimping out each day. Jonathan tells me we are going to do it tomorrow. Would it be so bad to let the three year old lead the way??

4. I tried Pilates today. I feel giddy, like back when I was dating and had a good first date. I can't wait to go again.

5. My job was particularly frustrating today. It never ceases to amaze me how people will call for legal advice, I provide them with said legal advise, and then the caller either gets mad at me because I didn't say what he or she wanted to hear or, alternately, wants to argue with me. If you don't want to know the answer or feel that you already know it, why waste both of our time?

6. I'm traveling to WV next week, along with my MIL, to attend the Fiesta Tent Sale with my mom, my sisters and my grandmother. I received the price list via email last week and the prices are incredible. I can't wait to score some good deals and hang out with several of the important women in my life.

7. My youngest sister, Melissa turns 25 next month. Our other sister, Laura and I are getting her this for her birthday. The girl could give Mariah Carey a run for her money with her love of butterflies.

8. Laura and Melissa seem to be mending their relationship, at least to some extent. As the big sister, this pleases me to no end.

9. Confession time here--I turn into a smoker when I have alcohol. The whole "I only smoke when I drink" excuse has just made me find reasons to have a cocktail. And, since he's not here right now to stop me from outing him, Bryan is in the same boat. Now, it's always outside and, obviously, NEVER around Jonathan. This behavior is obviously not healthy and is completely contrary to the other positive changes we have made in our lifestyle. You would think that nine months of not smoking would have cured this addiction, at least for me, but not so much. So we are now on medication and have a stop smoking FOREVER date of Thursday, April 16. It may not be pretty and we may pull each other's hair out, but we are committed and we WILL do this. It just sucks that it has to be so darn difficult!

10. We are running another 5K on Saturday. My second 5K time was almost exactly 2 minutes faster than my first one. I'm hoping to cut another three minutes off my time on this one; however, the first two were flat and this one is hilly "as all get out", as my mother would say.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ok this "The girl could give Mariah Carey a run for her money with her love of butterflies" made me LOL! HA! And i tried pilates for the first time last week too! It is pretty cool But our class is $10 a week and that's a little to rich for my blood!

Neurotic Atty said...

1. There are a looooot worse words he could've said, so I would've laughed, too.

2. Awwwww...what a good hubby!

4. I felt great about myself when I did pilates. I did it 3 times a week, and it really did good things for my body.

5. And THIS is why I don't practice.

10. I feel like a slug when I read this.

Bryan said...

Well Damn it. It had to happen some damn time. I'm just damn glad he didn't hear it at the damn house. I called back because the little voice in my head, the one with the Italian accent, said "HEY! You love her too ASS!" Don't break the bank at Fiesta and have an ambulance ready for me at the end of this 5k. Love, your husband. JBF