Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

Every year, Jonathan and I go to WV to visit my family and Bryan stays in the 'ville and hangs out with his parents. This led my grandmother, the first year after Bryan and I were married, to question whether everything with our relationship was OK and it totally was--it's just how we roll. I enjoy a Black Friday extravaganza with my sisters and that is SO not Bryan so it's become somewhat of a tradition for us to split up for Thanksgiving.

Maybe it's the hunting?? This is my youngest sister's husband on Thanksgiving this year. I can't imagine why Bryan wouldn't want to participate in this Prince family tradition...



Jonathan was quite whiny this year. I'd like to think it was a product of the croup he was diagnosed with early in the week, but, unfortunately, I think it was more a product of the Terrible Threes that we seem to be in the midst of right now. The first picture was a farce...








Here is my dear, sweet, precious mother with the spatula she used to beat us with as children. OK, maybe I'm kidding. I'm sure she's purchased a new spatula since then.



Seriously, as always, we had a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. Since Bryan was not present and he is the King of the Self Portrait, I offer the following. The giant cheek in the first one is my middle sister, Laura.






Priceless, is it not??

10 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I cannot properly put into words how much I miss this "special" family time. And by "special" I mean, short bus, everything with a straw, craziness special. JBF

Bryan said...

The last comment was Bryan's (Mine). JBF

Neurotic Atty said...

I love the self-portrait gallery! And who needs some stinky husband crapping up your Black Friday shopping anyway? I mean, um, why would you ever want to spend a single moment away from such a dear man?

Paula said...

that is great! did you get all the deals you wanted...this santa might have gotten the awesome camera deal at wallyworld but could not write about it in her own blog and spoil the suprise!!

Bryan said...

I bathe . . . at least on special occasions. JBF

Shana-Lynn said...

Sounds like a great time! Love the self-portraits:)

Kimberly said...

Welcome back to blogging!!! Did you get any good buys on black friday?

Susie PSU said...

How was your trip to Long Beach??

Kara Lewis said...

Hey, great to see you back around the blog!

Janice said...

The first picture with the deer reminds me of John's cousins. They are crazy about deer hunting. The self portraits with you and your family look like you had a really great time at Thanksgiving.

And by the way, the Terrible Twos were nothing compared to the Terrible Threes!!!