Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Happiness

I took all of zero pictures during our family visit to WV. It was much like my blogging lately--sheer laziness. I'm making it one of my New Year's resolutions to try to do better.

One of my Christmas gifts from my sister, Laura, was a new camera. I am wanting to invest in a Rebel but, until then, the old 4 megapixel needed updating. The new camera was a Black Friday purchase and a HUGE improvement over the old one. Now if I can just improve my photo-taking skills...

I DID take pictures at our day after Christmas gathering at Bryan's parents' house. Jonathan and his cousin, Aiden, do not get to spend much time together. But when they do, both of them are pretty much in heaven. Seeing those boys play together makes me so happy. Even though I am pretty sure we are not going to have more children, my heart is warmed so much by their interaction that it reminds me of the value of having a sibling.



Bryan received the obligatory socks. His faux happiness would be convincing if I didn't know him so well.


As you can see from this shot, Bryan's Dad was totally into the holiday spirit:



I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I can't believe it is over again for another year! It always goes by too quickly, particularly, it seems, when you have children.



6 comments:

Paula said...

So sweet..I know what you mean about siblings. I would be just fine with having the three of us for a family..but I keep thinking about Lydia..I don't want her to be alone when Mark and I are gone..it is a tough decision. I have pictures from Christmas but I have not downloaded any of them! Which camera did you get? The Walmart 10.2 megapixal? that is the one I got Mark

Jonathan's Mommy said...

It's the 10.3 megapixel, Kodak, from Target. Probably pretty similar!

I agree with you, it's a tough decision. I understand now why people choose to have kids close together--Jonathan is almost three and a half and we finally have some freedom!

Shana-Lynn said...

It is totally a decision you and your hubby have to make, but being an only child, I ALWAYS wanted at least one sibling...I still wish I did! Sometimes when you are older you just need a brother or sister to call on the phone, you know. Luckily I have some wonderful friends I think of family, but I know it isn't the same. But then again, I survived without them all this time. :)

Paula said...

I told Mark the exact same thing..if we don't do it soon..we might not do it. The longer I get used to sleeping through the night..less I look forward to not doing it!

Kimberly said...

That pic of grandpa cracks me p!!
And I find zero value in siblings, totally over rated. Cousins are where is at!

Susie PSU said...

Not to brag here (as I puff out my woefully inadequate chest) but when we had the kids 12 months apart people thought we were so stupid. For the first two years I totally agreed. But since then, it has been great. We were done with the baby stages pretty quickly - in the grand scheme of life, although it didn't feel like it at the time - and were able to have playdates at home!
I don't think there is a RIGHT space apart for kids - it all depends on the parents. 2-5 years is pretty average, though. It's not too late....!! :-)