Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Girl, A Chihuahua, Whatever...

The second day or so of vacation, Sarah and I decided it just made sense to put Amelia and Jonathan in the bathtub together. Both of them LOVED it so we pretty much had to give them a bath together every night thereafter. Jonathan loved having all the room (he's still in his baby duck tub at home) and Amelia enjoyed her first encounters with bath bubbles. A fun time was had by all and, of course, I had to take pictures. I also had to be sure, prior to posting, that the pictures were G-rated, as Jonathan really enjoyed standing up in the tub. This one is actually the only one that did not have inappropriate frontal:



The last night of vacation, Jonathan and Amelia enjoyed their bath but Amelia was ready to get out before Jonathan was ready. My mother was going to give Pebbles a bath and Jonathan was insistent that she take a bath with him. So we just put her in the tub. Jonathan thought it was a hoot but Pebbles looked as mortified as it is possible for a chihuahua to look. You can't tell it here because she actually refused to look at the camera, that is how embarrassed she felt.



And just so I can be finished with the vacay pictures, I will throw in some random ones. About halfway through the trip, Jonathan discovered that he liked picking up sea shells. He really did not care about the quality, but it was nice that he would wonder around with Daddy for a while and fill his bucket. That was a nice break from the mommy-clingies that dominated most of our trip.



This next one was taken on a morning that started off ominous looking but actually turned out to be one of the better days, temperature wise. I really liked Jonathan in this outfit and I loved it even more when I remembered it was $2.86 at Sam's last fall!



Here you will see Jonathan and Amelia cooperating. Not really a strong toddler skill but they played well together (or at least around each other) overall.



This is of Jonathan in one of the Speedo suits they had at Target this year, the ones where you zip the inflatables right into the suit. They were not as effective as I'd hoped, but Jonathan was pretty darn funny walking around in it.



All in all, a good time was had by all. It's nice to be home and settled in for a bit--at least until Jonathan and I voyage to West Virginia next weekend!

6 comments:

Susie PSU said...

What great pictures! My kids still bathe together, but I'll probably have to stop after this year. They'll be so sad, and I don't know how to explain it yet.
The dog, though. That is priceless.

Shana-Lynn said...

The dog with Jonathan is so hilarious. How cute is that when the dog turns away from the camera. Oh gosh too funny. The trip sounds and looks like so much fun. I can't wait to take Aubree to the beach someday.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I love the pics! Looks like a fun time!

I think we have about 36 different flotation devices and all are crap, except the giant turtles they loved to float around the lazy rivers in!

supermommysquared said...

I have the exact same Target flotation suit (in girl)and it is CRAP.
You have inspired me to write a short bathtub blog about my babies. I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Well it looks like you guys had a great vacation! I hope next year J-man likes the ocean!

Janice said...

I wondered about those floatation devices at Target. Was Jonathan able to move around in the pool with it on? I was thinking of getting them for the kids next year.

I have a story about the kids taking a bath the other night but I don't know if I really want to blog about it - it's kinda gross. But maybe if I run out of things to post I'll write about it. :-P

Love the beach pics! The one with Jonathan wearing the outfit you love is my favorite! You're making me miss the beach!!