Sunday, August 5, 2007

Super Mommy Squared and Jonathan's Mommy--the Reunion Edition!

Jonathan, Bryan and I were graced with a visit this weekend from Heather and her precious son, Max. We'd planned the visit a few weeks back, but the timing could not have been better as it really helped Bryan and me get through our first weekend since Alice's death.

For those of you who read Heather's blog, you already know that Max is a complete cutie. He is also one of the best natured eight month olds I have ever been around. I was concerned about how Jonathan would react to having a baby in the house, but he was actually really sweet to Max. For some reason, Max found Jonathan hysterical, which Jonathan completely enjoyed, leading to much laughter from both of them. When Max would leave the room to eat or go down for a nap, Jonathan would look at me and say "mo mo (translation: more, more) baby." He even, overall, shared his toys and was OK with giving up his crib in exchange for a Pack and Play in our bedroom.

Most importantly, though, this visit gave Heather and I the opportunity to catch up. We've been quite busy the past couple of years having children and that has meant, for obvious reasons, that we have not gotten to spend hardly any time together. I've really missed that as Heather's friendship is one of the most valuable relationships in my life. So it was really nice to hang out, drink some beers and have conversation just like the "old days." We stayed up Saturday night until past 3:30 am talking about pretty much every topic you can imagine. Even though I was completely exhausted this morning due to lack of sleep and the fact that my son rises at seven on the dot, it was completely worth it. It was one of the best times I have had in a long time!

Unfortunately, neither of us took very many pictures, but I have a few to add here. The first one is of Jonathan sporting the faux-hawk Heather and I created for him after he decided to wash his hair this morning using his foam shampoo. It would have been very helpful as it needed to be washed, but he, unfortunately, did not use water:



I tried to capture it from the front but you can't really tell. Jonathan was pleased with the new style, though, as you can tell from the expression on his face:



And, despite all the catching up we had to do, I successfully potty-trained both children. Who knew all you needed was a book? Heather, tell Cameron he can thank me later...



OK, obviously, not really, but that would have been the only thing that could have made the weekend more perfect! Thanks for visiting, Heather and Max, and we hope we can do it again soon!!

3 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a really nice get together. So glad Jonathan enjoyed Max and was able to make him laugh. And the bonus of taking your mind off of other things was perfect.

Bryan said...

Like I wasn't even there . . . . JBF

Janice said...

Glad you got to visit with Heather! Max has gotten so big from the last few pictures I've seen of him! And how cute is Jonathan's Faux-hawk? I'm a big fan of those! Mostly because I'm too lazt to give Cameron a haircut so I just gel him up. ;-P