Wednesday, August 22, 2007

He's Baaaaack!!!

After a week at Grams' and Grandpa's house, we got Jonathan back on Sunday. Besides being a bit off schedule, he's been his usual happy self. Our transition back to school on Monday was HORRIBLE (the child was howling when I left him. It was awful!), but he's back in the swing of things now.

Below are some quick pictures I snapped last night. Although he is two years old, he still fits in the Munchkin duck inflatable tub so I still use it because it's a ton easier than running an entire bathtub of water. He still likes, it too, as you will see:



He likes to put every conceivable bath toy in the tub which really does not leave a whole lot of room for him.



This next one is, obviously, after the bath. Jonathan decided to do some naked cooking. He was very serious about it, so much so that it was almost a half hour before I could get pajamas on him over his protests of "I cook nakey."



And, last, is Jonathan in full nakey cooking regalia, insisting that he have his picture with Arthur. As Arthur is overall less than thrilled by Jonathan's presence, this is the best I could do:



Just as we've gotten settled back into our regular routine, I'm headed to Nashville tomorrow until Saturday afternoon for work. It will be the first time I have ever had a hotel room all to myself and I am quite excited. It will also be the first time Bryan and Jonathan have been alone overnight together. It should be interesting!

8 comments:

Bryan said...

Bryan who? Which weekend is it? Where is Jonathan staying?

Kara Lewis said...

Dude, you are going to love your own hotel room. Watch bad TV until the wee hours! Order pizza! Hell, "cook nakey" if you want to!

But should we stop by to make sure Jonathan has food and water, like we would for Arthur?

Shana-Lynn said...

Jonathan looks so cute in that duckey tub. Aubree brings everything to her bath as well, even my measuring cups (even though she has her own). Kids are so funny aren't they?

Love the naked cooking pictures, those are good ones for the scrapbook. :-)

Have a great couple of days. I am sure Daddy and Jonathan will have a wonderful time. They will probably party together. Have a safe trip and enjoy your hotel room, by yourself!

Janice said...

I think Jonathan wants to be the new "Naked Chef" like Jamie Oliver!!! He's such a cutie pie! Love your kitchen set, too!

Kimberly said...

You should have titled this post "The Naked Chef"! Glad that you have your baby back.

Alicia said...

That's too cute! Cooking "nakey" is fine and all but I'd think twice about eating what he serves you!!!

Andrea said...

Oh my- he is so cute. I giggled at every single picture! I can see why you are so glad to have him home!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Nakey is the way to go, man. I'd make sure he avoids hot oil cooking though!