Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wikipedia Tag

How much do I love Wikipedia? I think the whole concept is just fascinating to begin with, and adding this "tag" element to it is yet another fun use of this conglormorate of information. The rules are simple--my birthday (January 8) yields the following information:

Three Events
1790--George Washington delivers the first State of the Union address in New York City
1958--14 year old Bobby Fischer wins the United States Chess Championship (how impressive!! Wonder what ol' Bobby is doing now?)
2006--George Bush signs into law the ever-controversial No Child Left Behind Act

Two Birthdays
1935--Elvis Presley
1978--Marco Fu, Hong Kong snooker player (interesting soley because we share the EXACT SAME birthday)

One Death
1825--Eli Whitney

One Holiday/Observance
The Feast of Our Lady of Prompt Succor in the Roman Catholic Church (I have no idea what that is, but there wasn't much to go on in this category!)

I LOVE the childhood pictures people have posted. I will try to see if I can't find one of myself lying around to scan in tonight.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Ok, your's is definitely more interesting :-). Can't wait to see your pics!