Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mommy Ponderings...

I've had a pretty rough week, both with work and with Jonathan. Nothing particularly new at work, but Jonathan has just been more difficult than normal. He's had a bout of separation anxiety every day when I drop him off at school. He's learning new words at an alarmingly fast pace, but yet has chosen to practice them by screeching them at me in a pitch I am certain only dogs can hear.

And he's decided to become the bully of the toddler class. That is partially funny, due to the fact that, although he is 21 months old, he weighs just over 21 pounds and is around 30 inches tall. But it's also a little embarrassing because I suspect he may have inflicted a scratch or two on some of the other "friends." If your child gets harmed in any way while at school, you get an "incident sheet" signed by the teacher who saw it happened and the director of the center. There's a big space for description of what happened, the injury sustained, what was done to treat it, etc. Fortunately, there is no area to place the name of the perp. Not that any of the parents SHOULD suspect my sweet, baby-faced son, but I am beginning to think that I may just need to issue a blanket apology...

This has led me to some other (random) thoughts as I am winding down from a nutty day that has culminated in my applying for a new job (not that I dislike my current one, but maybe a change would be nice):

1. Why is it that both Bryan and I get paid on a regular basis and make decent money but yet it is one day before I get paid and I literally have one dollar in my wallet?

2. How does my son go to bed clean and wake up with gunk between his fingers and stickiness under his chin? He's still in a crib and I have no idea what he could be doing in there...

3. Why do my two chihuahuas enjoy having peeing contests in the kitchen?

4. Why did Jonathan feel the need to cry for Daddy most of the drive to work and then randomly switch to screeching "truck" at everything that possibly resembled a truck for the rest of the way there?

5. What did I ever do with all the free time that I must have had before I had a family?

6. Why do none of these concerns matter at all when I see my son's smiling face and hear him say "Mommy" (even if it is at an ear piercing decibel??)

With that, I'm off to bed! I'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys this weekend at the Hailey birthday bash!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my I feel you on a lot of it. I stay at home with my kids, but most days feel like going to work. We always want what we can't have. Beside the point, everyday I wonder what the heck I just did with the day that has ended? I am sooo busy, with nothing? I don't get it. Kids suck it all out of you, and somehow we still say I love you at the end of the day! Kepp your chin up!

supermommysquared said...

HEY! I am so sorry that we didn't get to talk more. We seriously need to have dinner (sans kids) the next time you come into town. I had no idea all this was going on. Good luck with the new job and email me if you need to vent. I miss you already :)