Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Colorado

Bryan and I recently took a trip to Colorado.



It was beautiful and we loved it.



The end.

Just kidding! I've wanted to post some pictures from the trip but have been hampered by "economy" high speed internet. Back when only one adult Fantoni in my house had a job, we cut some expenses. One of those expenses was to go from Insight 10.0 internet service to Insight 0.75 internet service. While it was still infinitely better than the dial up of yore, it was very slow in certain areas, the two most notable being while I was trying to shop Amazon and when I tried to upload pictures. So we recently (read: TODAY!) decided to go back up to our old internet service as everyone is now happily employed. It also seemed to be a good idea to make the change back before both of us ended up bald from the sheer frustration of waiting ten minutes for one measly picture to load.

I digress. Back to Colorado.

The purpose of our trip was to attend the wedding of a good friend of Bryan's; the wedding took place in Buena Vista, Colorado, where the two pictures posted above were taken. It also seemed like a good time to take advantage of Bryan's uncle's condo in Silverthorne so we made a long weekend out of it. The trip could have started better--we were diverted to Pueblo, Colorado after a tornado and hail hit the Denver airport as we approached it. After almost three hours on the plane, we finally landed in Denver only to have to travel via car through a torrential downpour, straight up a mountain in a Hyundai. Oh, and when we got to Buena Vista the next day, they had booked us in the hotel and charged us for the previous night. It was straightened out but UGH.

After that messy ordeal, however, the rest of the trip was a lot of fun. We experienced every sort of weather while we were there--rain, sleet, hail, snow and sun. The Sunday we were there, the weather was finally nice enough for us to take a hike and also for me to take out the camera without fear of getting it wet. I am glad that we got to use it as I traveled across the country with it as a carry on because I was too anal to put it with the checked luggage.

Some photos from our hike, in no particular order:











I am still learning about my Rebel, but I am still in love with it and I think that I love this picture the most so far. I posted it on Facebook too and now I am putting it here. My mother in law has not even seen it yet. I need to do something nice with it for her birthday next month!



Bryan flew back a day early but his momma and I stayed an extra day and shopped 'til we dropped in Denver. Thanks to the amazing shopping in Cherry Creek, I am now the owner of a pink patent leather Kate Spade purse and my sister the recipient of a belated birthday gift from Tiffany's. THAT is my kind of vacation! If you could have just thrown in some beach, it would have been perfect!

Unfortunately, as with all good things, this trip had to come to an end and we returned to Louisville and back to work and the real world. Sometimes being a grown up is no fun at all!



And sometimes it's nice to get to escape from the regular daily responsibilities and act like a dork. Isn't that what vacation is all about??

4 comments:

Angie said...

We've been to Colorado once, and loved it. I think Scott would move there, if he could...

The pictures are great!!

ministerio igreja divino jesus. said...

oiiiii tudo bem amiga .

ministerio igreja divino jesus. said...

add ai o meu msn é fernandolindo_gato@hotmail.com

orkut:fernando_cantor-evangelico@hotmail.com

Shana-Lynn said...

Looks like a great vacay!!! Love your pictures.