Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring is (finally) here!

Sorry for the lack of posts! We have been working on the kitchen, enjoying spring needless to say, the blogs have fallen behind!

The weather this past week has been really nice so every day after work/school, we have played outside with Jonathan before time for dinner and bath. Intrinsically, he knew what to do with dandelions. Of course, it didn't help the mild allergy symptoms he has experienced lately, but it was pretty cute. Check out those cheeks!




Jonathan was too excited to get out his Cozy Coupe and his house from last year. For some odd reason, every time I tried to talk to him while he was in the play house, he roared at me, thus the odd look on his face.




Oh, and I finally had the opportunity to make a cake with both the stand mixer and a dishwasher. It was AMAZING. This one went to Jonathan's school for Teacher Appreciation Week. It's French vanilla with raspberry preserves between the layers, topped with raspberry vanilla butter cream frosting. The flowers are blueberries and almond slivers, idea courtesy of Rachael Ray. I didn't eat any, but I hear it was delicious. Or should I say "Yum-O!"

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Don't you ever roar at Bryan for no apparent reason? I thought everyone did that! HEHE! Looks like he having some fun in the yard. And your cake sounds DELISH!

Angela said...

That cake looks fantastic! I'm so impressed with your cake decorating talent.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Wow. That cake is AMAZING. My kids have to be drug (dragged??) forcibly into the house every evening too. And the pollen is killing them but they don't care while they're out there!

Paula said...

We have been loving the outside also...even though it means she up coughing all night due to the pollen. I seriously thought my car had been paintballed by some Fairmont State kids there was so much yellow on it! My whole porch was covered too. I hope this rain today washs it all away.

Neurotic Atty said...

How cute! I love those puffy little cheeks! I love it that it's light out until after 8 now, but I bet it wreaks havoc on a little boy's bedtime!

Love the cake, too. The almond petals are so sweet!

Shana-Lynn said...

Your cakes are all so amazing. This one sounds incredible. Can I hire you for Aubree's cake this year?? :-)

Jonathan looks very handsome in his car.

Janice said...

Wow, that cake looks and sounds FABULOUS!!!! Can I hire you for the kids' birthday? Glad you guys are able to enjoy the gorgeous weather!