Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Coaxing a Smile

Here is Jonathan's typical face when I bust out the camera. I know he is thinking "Great. Here she goes again."



And here he is after I tried to elicit a smile from him by bringing up his impending visit to Grams' and Grandpa's house (we were actually getting ready to leave as I was taking his picture):



Finally, here is Jonathan right after I told him he was not going to Grams if he didn't smile. Some would say this was a cruel tactic, but I'll take what I can get. At the time, I was thinking he was going to be gone for a week and I wanted a cute picture to hold me over:



From all counts, he is having a GREAT time at my parents this week. Bryan had something to do after work today and I was at home for two hours after work by myself. It was WEIRD! I need to remember that on those days when I think about how I would give anything for two seconds to myself!

6 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

And what a smile it is! So worth all the coaxing and cajoling! Isn't it funny, though, how much more grown up he looks with that big ol' smile on his face?

Tell your husband that I will be needing his patented list of "pick-down" lines ASAP. The weekend is drawing near!

Susie PSU said...

What a great picture to hold you over for the week!!

Kara Lewis said...

Oh, my gosh, he looks so grown up in that sweater! Hope you're enjoying your week off . . .

Janice said...

What a sweetheart!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy your week sans Jonathan. I know you will miss him but take this opportunity to have some "me-time" and have fun!

Shana-Lynn said...

He has a sweet smile. Enjoy your time at home by yourselves!

Andrea said...

That smile was worth the tactic- so cute! Enjoy your alone time!